Jaitley warns CBI on cases against Gujarat leaders, police
Mehasana(Guj): Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley today warned the CBI saying that those involved in the "conspiracy" against Gujarat`s politicians and top policemen would have to give answers in future.
"Misuse of CBI is a part of conspiracy of the central government against Gujarat`s leadership and the Gujarat police force," Jaitley said, addressing a gathering here where Chief Minister Narendra Modi started his month-long election campaign.
"Governments come and go...They do not stay eternally. Those who are involved in the conspiracy should remember that they will have to give answer for their actions in future," Jaitley said.
Recently, CBI named former Gujarat Minister of State for Home Amit Shah, former DGP P C Pande, former ADGP O P Mathur, and IGP Geetha Johri in the Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case.
"The cases filed against political leadership and top policemen is an utter misuse of CBI and they (cases) cannot stand up in any court of law," said the senior BJP leader, who is also an eminent lawyer.
"The Central government is misusing CBI time and again against the Gujarat`s political leadership and top police officials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed