Jaitley warns CBI on cases against Gujarat leaders, police
Mehasana(Guj): Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley today warned the CBI saying that those involved in the "conspiracy" against Gujarat`s politicians and top policemen would have to give answers in future.
"Misuse of CBI is a part of conspiracy of the central government against Gujarat`s leadership and the Gujarat police force," Jaitley said, addressing a gathering here where Chief Minister Narendra Modi started his month-long election campaign.
"Governments come and go...They do not stay eternally. Those who are involved in the conspiracy should remember that they will have to give answer for their actions in future," Jaitley said.
Recently, CBI named former Gujarat Minister of State for Home Amit Shah, former DGP P C Pande, former ADGP O P Mathur, and IGP Geetha Johri in the Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter case.
"The cases filed against political leadership and top policemen is an utter misuse of CBI and they (cases) cannot stand up in any court of law," said the senior BJP leader, who is also an eminent lawyer.
"The Central government is misusing CBI time and again against the Gujarat`s political leadership and top police officials."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- IPL Betting: Lalit Modi names three cricketers who were bribed
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report