Janata Party won`t field candidates in Guj polls
Vadodara: Subramaniam Swamy, president of Janata Party on Friday said here that his party would not contest Gujarat Assembly polls, unless BJP asked it to.
Talking to reporters, Dr Swamy said, "My party is an ally of NDA which includes BJP (hence it would not contest polls against BJP).
"If Chief Minister Narendra Modi asks our party to put up candidates, we will do so," he said.
He was in the city to give a talk on "corrupt policies of UPA government", organized by Jayprakash Smruti Manch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145