JDU MLA encroached on 800 acre land in Bharuch
Gandhinagar: Jhagadia MLA and president
of JD(U) in Gujarat, Chhotubhai Vasava, has been charged with
illegally encroaching on 800 acre land located at Vasna
village in Bharuch district, which was originally given to the
oustees of the Narmada project.
The district authorities of Bharuch, in a report to
the state government, have held that the land is in
possession of Vasava, who has been cultivating it for years.
The agriculture land was allotted to over 50 Narmada
project affected families who were rehabilitated by the state
However, they were soon driven out from the land and
subsequently Vasava has been tilling it and cultivating sugar
cane, cotton and other crops for almost two decades now.
"Our party MLA Kiran Makwana had asked in the assembly
about the land concerned but the government had replied that
the land was in the possession of the state authorities. Now,
there is a report of the district authorities which clearly
says that the said land is cultivated by MLA Vasava," said
leader of opposition in Gujarat assembly Shaktisinh Gohil.
According to Gohil, after the question was raised in
the assembly, the government had asked the revenue officials
of Bharuch district to report the status of the said land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'