JDU MLA encroached on 800 acre land in Bharuch
Gandhinagar: Jhagadia MLA and president
of JD(U) in Gujarat, Chhotubhai Vasava, has been charged with
illegally encroaching on 800 acre land located at Vasna
village in Bharuch district, which was originally given to the
oustees of the Narmada project.
The district authorities of Bharuch, in a report to
the state government, have held that the land is in
possession of Vasava, who has been cultivating it for years.
The agriculture land was allotted to over 50 Narmada
project affected families who were rehabilitated by the state
However, they were soon driven out from the land and
subsequently Vasava has been tilling it and cultivating sugar
cane, cotton and other crops for almost two decades now.
"Our party MLA Kiran Makwana had asked in the assembly
about the land concerned but the government had replied that
the land was in the possession of the state authorities. Now,
there is a report of the district authorities which clearly
says that the said land is cultivated by MLA Vasava," said
leader of opposition in Gujarat assembly Shaktisinh Gohil.
According to Gohil, after the question was raised in
the assembly, the government had asked the revenue officials
of Bharuch district to report the status of the said land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez