JDU MLA encroached on 800 acre land in Bharuch
Gandhinagar: Jhagadia MLA and president
of JD(U) in Gujarat, Chhotubhai Vasava, has been charged with
illegally encroaching on 800 acre land located at Vasna
village in Bharuch district, which was originally given to the
oustees of the Narmada project.
The district authorities of Bharuch, in a report to
the state government, have held that the land is in
possession of Vasava, who has been cultivating it for years.
The agriculture land was allotted to over 50 Narmada
project affected families who were rehabilitated by the state
However, they were soon driven out from the land and
subsequently Vasava has been tilling it and cultivating sugar
cane, cotton and other crops for almost two decades now.
"Our party MLA Kiran Makwana had asked in the assembly
about the land concerned but the government had replied that
the land was in the possession of the state authorities. Now,
there is a report of the district authorities which clearly
says that the said land is cultivated by MLA Vasava," said
leader of opposition in Gujarat assembly Shaktisinh Gohil.
According to Gohil, after the question was raised in
the assembly, the government had asked the revenue officials
of Bharuch district to report the status of the said land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!