JDU MLA encroached on 800 acre land in Bharuch
Gandhinagar: Jhagadia MLA and president
of JD(U) in Gujarat, Chhotubhai Vasava, has been charged with
illegally encroaching on 800 acre land located at Vasna
village in Bharuch district, which was originally given to the
oustees of the Narmada project.
The district authorities of Bharuch, in a report to
the state government, have held that the land is in
possession of Vasava, who has been cultivating it for years.
The agriculture land was allotted to over 50 Narmada
project affected families who were rehabilitated by the state
However, they were soon driven out from the land and
subsequently Vasava has been tilling it and cultivating sugar
cane, cotton and other crops for almost two decades now.
"Our party MLA Kiran Makwana had asked in the assembly
about the land concerned but the government had replied that
the land was in the possession of the state authorities. Now,
there is a report of the district authorities which clearly
says that the said land is cultivated by MLA Vasava," said
leader of opposition in Gujarat assembly Shaktisinh Gohil.
According to Gohil, after the question was raised in
the assembly, the government had asked the revenue officials
of Bharuch district to report the status of the said land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Curfew lifted from Pulwama; situation in Kashmir improving
- Failure more special than success: Emraan Hashmi
- Rains trigger landslide on Gangotri highway in Uttarakhand
- Donald Trump tweets video, accuses Hillary Clinton of telling many lies on emails
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of SAUNI project in Jamnagar