JD(U) MP Jai Narain Prasad roots for Modi as India`s next PM
Ahmedabad: Janata Dal (United) MP from Muzaffarpur Captain (retired) Jai Narain Prasad `Nishad` recently met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and expressed his desire that the BJP election Campaign committee chief should become next Prime Minister of India.
"Three days ago I met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at his Gandhinagar office and we had detailed discussions on the political situation in Bihar as well as the country," said Nishad said on Tuesday.
JD(U) has recently broken its 17-year alliance with the BJP and spilt from the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) after Modi was made BJP`s 2014 election campaign committee chief.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who is strongly opposed to Modi, had earlier not allowed the Gujarat chief minister to come to his state for campaigning before assembly elections.
The meeting of a JD(U) parliamentarian close on the heels of another Bihar Congress leader Sadhu Yadav meeting Modi is being seen by political observers as an indication that BJP strongman could be preparing the ground to campaign in Bihar.
"I strongly believe that the way Modiji has served the poor people of Gujarat, he is best suited to serve the poor people of the country. He should be the next prime minister of the country," Nishad said.
Nishad, who had even organised a `yagna` in March 2013, to seek divine intervention so that Modi could become Prime Minister, has also claimed that he is not concerned about disciplinary actions his party might take after his meeting with Modi becomes public.
"In past, I have changed five political parties and yet I got elected from the Muzaffarpur Lok Sabha seat for five terms. So I am not afraid about any party taking action against me," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi