JD(U) MP Jai Narain Prasad roots for Modi as India`s next PM
Ahmedabad: Janata Dal (United) MP from Muzaffarpur Captain (retired) Jai Narain Prasad `Nishad` recently met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and expressed his desire that the BJP election Campaign committee chief should become next Prime Minister of India.
"Three days ago I met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at his Gandhinagar office and we had detailed discussions on the political situation in Bihar as well as the country," said Nishad said on Tuesday.
JD(U) has recently broken its 17-year alliance with the BJP and spilt from the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) after Modi was made BJP`s 2014 election campaign committee chief.
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who is strongly opposed to Modi, had earlier not allowed the Gujarat chief minister to come to his state for campaigning before assembly elections.
The meeting of a JD(U) parliamentarian close on the heels of another Bihar Congress leader Sadhu Yadav meeting Modi is being seen by political observers as an indication that BJP strongman could be preparing the ground to campaign in Bihar.
"I strongly believe that the way Modiji has served the poor people of Gujarat, he is best suited to serve the poor people of the country. He should be the next prime minister of the country," Nishad said.
Nishad, who had even organised a `yagna` in March 2013, to seek divine intervention so that Modi could become Prime Minister, has also claimed that he is not concerned about disciplinary actions his party might take after his meeting with Modi becomes public.
"In past, I have changed five political parties and yet I got elected from the Muzaffarpur Lok Sabha seat for five terms. So I am not afraid about any party taking action against me," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand