Jethva murder case: No role of BJP MP found
Ahmedabad: A probe report into the murder
of RTI activist Amit Jethva claims that it has "so far" not come across any involvement of Junagadh BJP MP Dinu Solanki in the case as alleged by the father of the deceased.
This was stated in a report submitted before the
division bench of Justice D H Waghela and Justice J C Upadhyay
by investigating officer Raghvendra Vats, SP of Surendranagar
"During investigation into the case (murder of Jethva)
so far we have not come across any evidence indicating
involvement of Dinu Solanki in the offence," Vats stated in
his investigation report submitted in court today.
"(After) investigation and interrogation of all the
persons, I have not found any accused involved other than the
accused already arrested and charge sheeted," he added.
The bench has scheduled further hearing in the case
for March 16.
The HC had last October ordered further investigation
into murder of Jethva who was shot dead at a point blank range
in July 2010.
The court had asked that the probe be done keeping in
mind the allegations made against the Junagadh MP in a
petition filed by Bhikha Jethva, father of the deceased.
Bhikha Jethva alleged that two assailants got his son
killed near Gujarat High Court on July 20, 2010 at the behest
of Solanki; a few days after he filed a PIL against illegal
mining in the Gir Forest region of Junagadh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch