Jethva murder case: No role of BJP MP found
Ahmedabad: A probe report into the murder
of RTI activist Amit Jethva claims that it has "so far" not come across any involvement of Junagadh BJP MP Dinu Solanki in the case as alleged by the father of the deceased.
This was stated in a report submitted before the
division bench of Justice D H Waghela and Justice J C Upadhyay
by investigating officer Raghvendra Vats, SP of Surendranagar
"During investigation into the case (murder of Jethva)
so far we have not come across any evidence indicating
involvement of Dinu Solanki in the offence," Vats stated in
his investigation report submitted in court today.
"(After) investigation and interrogation of all the
persons, I have not found any accused involved other than the
accused already arrested and charge sheeted," he added.
The bench has scheduled further hearing in the case
for March 16.
The HC had last October ordered further investigation
into murder of Jethva who was shot dead at a point blank range
in July 2010.
The court had asked that the probe be done keeping in
mind the allegations made against the Junagadh MP in a
petition filed by Bhikha Jethva, father of the deceased.
Bhikha Jethva alleged that two assailants got his son
killed near Gujarat High Court on July 20, 2010 at the behest
of Solanki; a few days after he filed a PIL against illegal
mining in the Gir Forest region of Junagadh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues