Join hands to end malnutrition in Gujarat: CM Patel`s I-Day appeal
Patan: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel on Friday called for public participation and teamwork to eradicate malnutrition in the state.
"It is time we eradicated malnutrition in our state. Leaders and the people of the state should contribute towards making the state malnutrition free, let us work as a team," Patel said here at the flag-hoisting ceremony on the occasion of the 68th Independence Day.
"If only the government works for the betterment of the people, it will take considerable time. But if all of us work together as a team, Gujarat can grow rapidly," Patel said.
She also hailed Gujarat as a `model state` and gave credit for that to its people. "With the effort and hard work of its people, Gujarat has become a model state. That credit goes to the leaders, scientists, farmers, women and youth of Gujarat," Patel said.
She also reiterated the state government`s resolution to build toilets in each home by 2019. Meanwhile, Gujarat Governor OP Kohli celebrated Independence Day at Raj Bhavan in Gandhinagar with children, freedom fighters and social workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday