Join hands to end malnutrition in Gujarat: CM Patel`s I-Day appeal
Patan: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel on Friday called for public participation and teamwork to eradicate malnutrition in the state.
"It is time we eradicated malnutrition in our state. Leaders and the people of the state should contribute towards making the state malnutrition free, let us work as a team," Patel said here at the flag-hoisting ceremony on the occasion of the 68th Independence Day.
"If only the government works for the betterment of the people, it will take considerable time. But if all of us work together as a team, Gujarat can grow rapidly," Patel said.
She also hailed Gujarat as a `model state` and gave credit for that to its people. "With the effort and hard work of its people, Gujarat has become a model state. That credit goes to the leaders, scientists, farmers, women and youth of Gujarat," Patel said.
She also reiterated the state government`s resolution to build toilets in each home by 2019. Meanwhile, Gujarat Governor OP Kohli celebrated Independence Day at Raj Bhavan in Gandhinagar with children, freedom fighters and social workers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu