Kankaria lake front to be `kids capital of the nation`: Modi
Ahmedabad: Kankaria lake front will soon emerge as a recreational centre for the kids of the city and nation, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said today.
"Development of Kankaria lakefront will take place keeping kids at its core. It will be a kids` capital of the city and of the country, in the days to come," Modi said after unveiling projects worth Rs 125 crore for the development of the lakefront.
The 550 year-old Kakaria is the biggest lake in Ahmedabad, whose precincts have been developed over the years as an entertainment hub, offering facilities like joyrides, balloon safari and toy trains, amongst others.
Modi said the emerging neo-middle class has begun making its presence felt and the lakefront would be a major destination for kids from that section of the society.
"Their dreams are like that of upper classes but their economic condition is far below. Kakaria is an important destination for them, where they come with their children," Modi said, toeing the BJP`s party manifesto`s line on neo-middle class dreams.
At the launch ceremony of the week-long fifth Kakaria carnival today, Modi also dedicated a newly built butterfly park at Kankaria to the people.
The Gujarat government has signed two MoUs for the development of amusement parks at Kakaria, where entertainment features like `wings of fire` and `vertical swing` will be available on the lines of parks in Singapore, UK or Malaysia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Varanasi boy develops WhatsApp electrcial commanding device to control electronic device
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Weak oil prices may hit remittances from Gulf nations: Crisil
- India Inc's investment-grade credit ratings hit record high
- Ravichandran Ashwin retains No.2 spot in Test bowlers ranking
- Domestic passenger traffic to cross 100 million by year-end: DGCA
- Assam CM-designate Sarbananda Sonowal thanks PM Narendra Modi on being elected as BJP legislature leader