Kankaria lake front to be `kids capital of the nation`: Modi
Ahmedabad: Kankaria lake front will soon emerge as a recreational centre for the kids of the city and nation, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said today.
"Development of Kankaria lakefront will take place keeping kids at its core. It will be a kids` capital of the city and of the country, in the days to come," Modi said after unveiling projects worth Rs 125 crore for the development of the lakefront.
The 550 year-old Kakaria is the biggest lake in Ahmedabad, whose precincts have been developed over the years as an entertainment hub, offering facilities like joyrides, balloon safari and toy trains, amongst others.
Modi said the emerging neo-middle class has begun making its presence felt and the lakefront would be a major destination for kids from that section of the society.
"Their dreams are like that of upper classes but their economic condition is far below. Kakaria is an important destination for them, where they come with their children," Modi said, toeing the BJP`s party manifesto`s line on neo-middle class dreams.
At the launch ceremony of the week-long fifth Kakaria carnival today, Modi also dedicated a newly built butterfly park at Kankaria to the people.
The Gujarat government has signed two MoUs for the development of amusement parks at Kakaria, where entertainment features like `wings of fire` and `vertical swing` will be available on the lines of parks in Singapore, UK or Malaysia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day