Kejriwal should contest against Modi in Gujarat: Amit Shah
New Delhi: With Arvind Kejriwal questioning claims about development in Gujarat, Narendra Modi`s close aide Amit Shah on Friday asked him to contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls against the Gujarat Chief Minister in the state on this issue.
"If there is no development in Gujarat, he (Kejriwal) should contest against Modi from Gujarat," Shah said while participating in a media conclave here.
The BJP leader was referring to claims by Kejriwal, who undertook a tour of Gujarat, that there was no development in the state as insisted by Modi.
AAP leader Manish Sisodia, who was also present in the event, responded by saying that he would want Kajriwal to stand against Modi even from Gujarat.
He added that it was for BJP to decide on a seat for its Prime Ministerial candidate first as there were reports of internal dissension.
Shah said a decision on where Modi should contest will be taken by BJP`s Parliamentary Board.
While defending Modi government`s performance in Gujarat, the BJP leader said that AAP had been brought by Congress as it could not afford a direct contest with BJP.
Sisodia retorted by saying that his party had fought Congress for more than two years but as the time for change has come, the BJP wants to cash in on the situation.
Congress leader Digvijay Singh claimed that there were serious charges against ministers in the Gujarat cabinet.
Shah hit back saying that Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi only yesterday shook the hand of Ashok Chavan who faces allegations in the Adarsh Society matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead