Keshubhai continues his tirade against Modi
Rajkot: Sharpening his attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel on Wednesday compared him with thick skinned animal rhinoceros for being "insensitive" towards people`s problems and a "decayed fruit" that should be thrown out.
Insensitivity has become a hallmark of the present Government. Modi is like a "rhinoceros" and "decayed fruit" that should be thrown out, he said said addressing a public meet organised here as a part of "Parivartan Sammelan".
"This Government is doing injustice to people. Women and children are not safe and the State Government was not concerned because it is insensitive towards people`s problems," the former Chief Minister alleged.
The meet was also attended by other dissident leaders like Gordhan Zadaphia, Kanshiram Rana and Suresh Mehta. The dissidents are organising public meetings as part of their campaign against the Modi Government and push for a change in the state in the upcoming Assembly elections.
"Children have gone missing and when their parents want to meet the Chief Minister, they are arrested and treated like terrorists. The quantity of mid-day meal given to children in Government schools has been reduced to 150 grams from 225 grams, and this reflects insensitivity on part of the Government," said Patel, lashing out at his successor.
This Government had done nothing in the last ten years on development front. It has only misguided people and made false claims about Gujarat`s growth, said the BJP leader.
Patel advised his arch political rival to "reform" his character. "He is going to Japan soon. He wanted to go to America but could not get a visa. America will invite him only if he reforms his character."
The relocation of Tata`s Nano car project to Sanand from Singur in West Bengal has not resulted in jobs for the locals despite huge investment made by the company, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional