Keshubhai embarks on yatra, rages at Narendra Modi
Virpur: Accusing Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of behaving like a "rampaging bull" and "destroying" society, former BJP veteran Keshubhai Patel on Thursday launched his political yatra and vowed to oust him from power in the coming Assembly Election.
"Modi will not be able to hoist the tricolour in the state on January 26 as he will be defeated in the upcoming Assembly election in Gujarat", Patel, founder of Gujarat Parivartan Party, said.
"Modi has kept the entire society under fear in the state where there is no law and order. Like a rampaging bull who destroys standing crops, he is destroying society," Patel alleged addressing a gathering in this temple town, about 60kms from Rajkot in Saurashtra region.
The former chief minister, who recently rebelled against Modi and quit BJP to form his own political party, launched `Parivartan Sandesh Yatra` to drum up support for his outfit ahead of the election due in a couple of months.
Patel had earlier declared that his party GPP will be contesting all the 182 Assembly seats in Gujarat. The 83-year-old politician`s yatra, launched from his stronghold Saurashtra, will cover all the Assembly seats in five phases.
The first phase, that began from Virpur, will cover Rajkot, Junagadh, Amreli and Jamnagar districts. Another former chief minister Suresh Mehta and ex-BJP leader Gordhan Zadafia, who have joined hands with Patel, were present at the launch of the yatra.
"Modi is expert in misguiding people by making false development claims," Patel said, referring to Modi`s promise to make Morbi town like Paris and Bhavnagar as Hong Kong.
He did nothing for not only these two cities but for entire Gujarat which he is ruling since 2001, Patel charged.
"This is the time for change and I am sure neither BJP nor Congress will come to power this time. Modi will not be able to hoist the tricolour on January 26," Patel said expressing confidence his party will win the poll.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal