Keshubhai holds meet to frame anti-Modi strategy
Ahmedabad: Chief Minister Narendra Modi today faced increasing attack from dissidents and former state BJP leaders who were brought together by his predecessor Keshubhai Patel, as they said Emergency was "better" than the Gujarat strongman`s rule.
Patel, a known rival of Modi, hosted the meeting of former Chief Minister Suresh Mehta, former Union Minister Kanshiram Rana, former Minister of State for Home Gordhan Zadafia and other disgruntled BJP leaders to discuss their strategy for the state elections, scheduled to be held later this year.
"Emergency was better than rule of Modi," Mehta, who has quit BJP and had formed an NGO Prabudh Nagrik Shakti Manch, told reporters here.
Patel, who is with the BJP, in the last couple of months has been very vocal against Modi and has time and again said his community is living under fear in Gujarat.
"We have met here to discuss the grave situation which has developed in the state under the present rule. BJP leaders, and those who had quit the party earlier have come together to discuss the situation which is going out of hand in Gujarat," Mehta said.
"As far as administration is concerned, the situation in Gujarat has gone to dogs," Mehta said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015