Keshubhai Patel calls Narendra Modi `Hitler`
Valsad: Former Bharatiya Janata Party leader Keshubhai Patel has accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of behaving literally like Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler and accused him of strangling and bypassing all possible democratic norms.
Addressing supporters in Valsad over the weekend, Patel said: “He (Modi) is following the path of Hitler. He is following a path of the dictator. He has strangled democracy.”
Patel also questioned why the State Assembly was meeting for mere 30 days in a year under the Modi regime, and attributed this to Modi having a fear about facing several tough questions.
In a related development in Ahmedabad, the chief of the Gujarat unit of the Congress Party, Arjun Modhwadia, accused Modi of manipulating property worth Rs 11 lakh crores.
To support his statement, Modhwadia said Modi had not appointed a Lokayukta for the last eight years because he wanted to hide his corrupt deeds.
The BJP rules Gujarat and the Congress is the main opposition party in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen