Keshubhai Patel visits RSS office in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Two days after Chief Minister Narendra Modi met RSS top brass in Nagpur, Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel on Tuesday visited the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh state headquarters and Vishva Hindu Parishad office here.
Patel told reporters that he had gone to the RSS office to enquire about the health of senior functionary Bhaskarao Damle. "As Modi is still an RSS worker, I am also an RSS worker," Patel further said.
RSS media coordinator Pradeep Jain also said that Keshubhai had come to visit Damle, who is not keeping well of-late.
To a question if he was planning to meet the RSS chief, the 83-year-old former state Chief Minister, who defected from BJP and formed his own party, said, "Yes, if needed I will definitely go to Nagpur and meet (Mohan) Bhagwatji."
Patel, who is in the midst of campaigning for the party in view of the Gujarat elections in December, reached the RSS office at around 10.30 AM and spent about an hour with top functionaries of the organisation.
Later, Patel and party general secretary Gordhan Zadafia drove to VHP office where the former addressed about 150 workers of the organisation and sought support for his party in the coming elections.
Patel said Narendra Modi has betrayed the cause and sentiments of Hindus. "The Chief Minister, in his zeal for the beautification of Gandhinagar, has demolished more than 200 temples," Patel alleged.
He also alleged that several priests were allegedly murdered and the culprits were yet to be brought to book.
Keshubhai criticised Modi for being soft when it comes
to protecting `Hindu interests`.
In his appeal to VHP for the organisation`s support in the election, he said, "Cows are being sent to slaughter houses because this government took away the grazing land and gave it to industrialists on such a largescale that even they cannot use it in their lifetime".
Lambasting Modi for his "authoritarian" and "self-centred" style of functioning, he said, "When he (Modi) took over the state BJP, I told him that this race is altogether different. It`s called `relay race`, in which one by one each participant hands over the baton to the next and each one runs with his full strength and ultimately the team wins, not an individual," he said.
"But Narendra Modi, since he took the baton in this relay race, has never passed it on. He is holding tight over the party since then," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced