Keshubhai urges BJP workers not to back Modi as CM
Ahemdabad: Continuing his tirade against Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi, dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel on Monday made an appeal to the party workers not to back Modi for another term as chief minister in the upcoming Assembly polls.
"I appeal to all the workers not to repeat him as the candidate for the post of chief minister," Patel said in his latest blog.
Keshubhai has earlier indicated to form a new political front against Modi ahead of the Assembly polls slated for the year-end, as he has not renewed his party membership.
"I am being asked to retain the active membership of BJP (by the party), but I would like to ask, does BJP really exist in Gujarat or is it a one-man show?," Patel asked.
"Is there a family atmosphere in Gujarat BJP? Party workers are being treated like bonded labourers. Party workers were not remembered during the four and half years and some of them were asked to leave his (Modi) office," Patel further said.
"The rulers maintained distance with party workers, but they maintained a good relationship with industrialists. But now, when the election has come near, they have started remembering party workers once again. Till now, he has adopted the policy of not repeating any BJP workers for one post," the BJP dissident added.
Since the past few months, Patel has been targeting Modi saying the situation in Gujarat has become "worse than it was during the emergency".
Patel, who has openly criticised Modi at various public meetings, recently met senior BJP leaders in Delhi.
Patel was unceremoniously removed from the Chief Minister`s post in 2001, who was replaced by Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt