Kids can be ambassadors to correct graft: Kalam
Ahmedabad: Former president APJ Abdul Kalam
on Friday said children could be ambassadors to check corruption.
"Knowledge is equal to creativity plus righteousness and
courage. Only three people can give you righteousness, father
and mother in a spiritual environment and your primary school
teacher," Kalam told children at IIM-A here.
"Children can be ambassadors to correct corruption," he
During the function, he made the children present take an
oath that they will ensure that elders in their family do not
indulge in corruption.
Kalam was here to present the IGNITE-2011 awards, given
by the National Innovation Foundation (NIF), to select
youngsters from across the country for their innovations.
The competition had received 4,000 entries from 25
states, out of which 32 children from 15 states were awarded
today for developing innovative models, that provide easy
solutions to day-to-day problems faced in life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened