Kids can be ambassadors to correct graft: Kalam
Ahmedabad: Former president APJ Abdul Kalam
on Friday said children could be ambassadors to check corruption.
"Knowledge is equal to creativity plus righteousness and
courage. Only three people can give you righteousness, father
and mother in a spiritual environment and your primary school
teacher," Kalam told children at IIM-A here.
"Children can be ambassadors to correct corruption," he
During the function, he made the children present take an
oath that they will ensure that elders in their family do not
indulge in corruption.
Kalam was here to present the IGNITE-2011 awards, given
by the National Innovation Foundation (NIF), to select
youngsters from across the country for their innovations.
The competition had received 4,000 entries from 25
states, out of which 32 children from 15 states were awarded
today for developing innovative models, that provide easy
solutions to day-to-day problems faced in life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed