Kids` deaths: Asaram Ashram officials chargesheeted
Ahmedabad: Gujarat CID has filed a charge sheet against seven office-bearers of Asaram Bapu Ashram for their alleged role in mysterious death of two boys there in 2008.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of the chief metropolitan magistrate DB Barot by investigating officer PM Parmar under sections 304 (causing death by negligence), 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) and 114 (abettor present when offence is committed) of the Indian Penal Code, besides section 6 of Juvenile Justice Act.
Abhishek Vaghela (11) and his cousin Dipesh Vaghela (10) went missing from a residential school of the Asaram Bapu`s Motrea Ashram in Ahmedabad in April 2008. Their decomposed bodies were later found from the banks of Sabarmati River near the Ashram.
The charge sheet was filed against seven sadhaks -- Uday Sangani, Pankaj Saxena, Yogesh Bhati, Ajay Shah, Kaushik Vani, Vikas Khemaka and Minketan Patra -- whose role in the case was investigated by the crime branch.
The case was handed over to CID in 2008 following a public outcry over the issue, which after a year of probing had filed a complaint of culpable homicide and booked seven sadhaks of the Ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites