Kids` deaths: Asaram Ashram officials chargesheeted
Ahmedabad: Gujarat CID has filed a charge sheet against seven office-bearers of Asaram Bapu Ashram for their alleged role in mysterious death of two boys there in 2008.
The charge sheet was filed yesterday in the court of the chief metropolitan magistrate DB Barot by investigating officer PM Parmar under sections 304 (causing death by negligence), 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) and 114 (abettor present when offence is committed) of the Indian Penal Code, besides section 6 of Juvenile Justice Act.
Abhishek Vaghela (11) and his cousin Dipesh Vaghela (10) went missing from a residential school of the Asaram Bapu`s Motrea Ashram in Ahmedabad in April 2008. Their decomposed bodies were later found from the banks of Sabarmati River near the Ashram.
The charge sheet was filed against seven sadhaks -- Uday Sangani, Pankaj Saxena, Yogesh Bhati, Ajay Shah, Kaushik Vani, Vikas Khemaka and Minketan Patra -- whose role in the case was investigated by the crime branch.
The case was handed over to CID in 2008 following a public outcry over the issue, which after a year of probing had filed a complaint of culpable homicide and booked seven sadhaks of the Ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing