Kite festival takes off
Kochi, Jan 22: It was a riot of colours as Kites of different hues and shapes took to the skies at the Kerala Kite
festival which got off to a colourful start near here today.
Ernakulam District Collector M Beena inaugurated the
festival by flying a kite.
The three-day fest is being organised by the Rotary club of
Cochin Lords in association with District Tourism Promotion
council at Munambam beach, the new tourist destination.
Professional kite flyers from Ahmedabad, Hyderabad,
Mangalore and Jaipur are participating in the festival.
Rajesh Nair, President of the Rotary club of Cochin Lords,
said during the festival, being held at the beach, a three
hour stage performance showcasing culture and heritage of
Kerala would be held. `Free kite making workshops` would be
held for children.
The event is being dedicated for `End Polio Now` campaign,
a global Rotary initiative to eradicate polio.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days