Kurien an epitome of dedication: Modi
Ahmedabad: Dr Verghese Kurien was an epitome of dedication and commitment, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said while expressing grief over demise of the father of `white revolution` here on Sunday.
"His life was the perfect example of `one life one mission` and I, on behalf of the government and the people of Gujarat, heartily express condolences to Dr Kurien," he said.
"The news of Dr Kurien`s demise is a major shock for the whole nation who was mesmerised by White Revolution, which was inspired by him," Modi said.
"My heartfelt tribute on sad demise of Dr Verghese Kurien. His pioneering work gave the milk revolution, transformed India & touched us all," Modi said in his tweet following demise of Dr Verghese Kurien early today.
A pall of gloom has descended on cooperative sector patronised by Dr Kurien. The cooperative leaders and parties across political spectrum have also mourned the death of the veteran "milkman".
Terming Dr Kurien as a "visionary", state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia said, "Dr Verghese Kurien made an indispensable contribution to the nation".
Opposition Leader Shaktisinh Gohil and other party leaders including Bharatsinh Solanki have also condoled Kurien`s death.
Newly elected chairman of Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) Vipul Chaudhary in his condolence message said, "When there was no television, no mobile phones available, he (Dr Kurien) communicated his vision promptly, effectively and created a revolution".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan