Labourer dies due to gas leak in Alang ship-breaking yard
Bhavnagar: One labourer died and another
was injured due to gas leak in the Alang ship-breaking yard,
police said Tuesday.
The incident took place Sunday at the plot 135 of
the Sisodiya Ship-breaking yard in Alang where two labourers
were cleaning a tank of a ship brought for scraping, they
According to police, while the labourers were cleaning
a tank in the ship there was gas-leakage following which both
of them fainted.
They were admitted to government hospital where one of
them died during treatment and other`s condition was stated as
stable, police said.
The labourer who died has been identified as Jadulal
Verma (32), they said, adding that a case has been registered
in the matter and further investigation was on to find out the
cause of leakage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days