Lack of coordination in Guj affecting crops: BKS
Ahmedabad: Blaming "lack of coordination" in
Gujarat government`s departments for affecting production of
crops, the Bharatiya Kisan Sangh today claimed that over 3.75
lakh applications of farmers seeking electricity connections
have been awaiting clearance.
Demanding fix timing for electricity supply to farmers,
BKS Gujarat president Magan Patel said since power is supplied
on the basis of rotation, it is affecting production of crops.
Farmers in Gujarat currently receive power in morning for
one week, in afternoon the second week and at night in the
subsequent week, he said.
"Presently, we get electricity for eight hours in the
morning every third week as per the rotation policy of the
state government," Patel said.
"Therefore, we have demanded that government provide us
electricity only in morning time so that the crops are
properly irrigated. Electricity in night is of no use," he
said, adding electricity is used to irrigate fields using
Patel said change in timing of water supply is also
affecting crop production as it shows "lack of
coordination within the government departments".
He claimed as many as 57 talukas in Gujarat fall under
"dark zone" where farmers do not get electricity at all.
"Besides those in the dark zone, over nearly 3.75 lakh
applications of farmers from 175 talukas for electricity
connections are pending with the state government since long."
Expressing concern over a trend of agricultural land being
sold by farmers to industrialists, Patel said, "Now with the
land prices soaring beyond expectation, the farmers are lured
towards selling their land because agriculture has become a
loss-making proposition due to the policies of the state
government," Patel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah