‘Laden, Saddam had also featured in Time magazine’
Gandhinagar: Commenting on the recent
article on Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi in the `Time`
magazine, the state Congress on Monday said, not only Modi, but
Osama Bin Laden and former Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussain had
also featured in the magazine earlier.
GPCC president Arjun Modhvadia said this during the
state assembly today.
The issue of Modi being featured in the `Time`
magazine was raised by the Water Resources minister Nitin
Patel in the House during the question-answer hour.
While answering a question on the population covered
under the Narmada drinking water scheme, Patel said, "Because
of the incredible work done by Modi, the `Time` magazine has
featured him in its latest issue."
Modi has been applauded for his effective administration, which is also an appreciation of the state of Gujarat, Patel said.
Responding to this, GPCC chief and Congress MLA
Modhvadia said, "Not only have the world-famous people been
featured in the `Time` magazine, but Osama Bin Laden and
Saddam Hussain, had also been featured in the same magazine."
Following this, the House witnessed an uproar by BJP
MLAs, which led to disruption of the session for a few
minutes, with members of both the parties shouting at each
other. The matter was put to an end after the Speaker intervened.
`Time` magazine, in its recent issue, had published an
article on Modi, with the heading: "Modi means business",
along with a strap: "But can he lead India?".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!