Land given to corporates could have been used for
Vadodara: Union Minister of State for Railways Bharatsinh Solanki on Monday said that Gujarat government could have used "thousands of acres" of `gauchar` (grazing) lands for growing fodder, instead of giving them away at low prices to corporate houses.
On Saturday, Chief Minister Narendra Modi had asked the Centre to lease out unused stretches of land along the railway tracks for one year for cultivation of fodder.
Talking to reporters here, Solanki said, "Railway Ministry has yet to receive any communication from Modi...Decision will be based on the policy framed in this regard.
"If vast chunks of gauchar land had not been given to the corporate houses by Modi, this situation would not have arisen, and cattle-owners would not have faced shortage of fodder."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tour de France: Chris Froome extends lead despite crash as Romain Bardet wins stage
- Missing IAF plane: Parrikar likely to visit Chennai tomorrow
- SHOCKING: FC Goa co-owners Dempo, Salgaocar 'quit' Indian Super League
- WHO, World Bank report urges healthcare reforms in China
- IMF boss Lagarde to stand trial over $400 mn Tapie payout