‘Lashkar-e-Toiba’ threatens terror strike in Ahmedabad; security beefed up
Ahmedabad: Security has been beefed up at the Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport (SVPIA) and other vital locations here on Thursday following a letter purportedly from Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) threatening terror strikes.
"On Wednesday, we received a threatening letter written in English and `Lashkar-e-Toiba` written on the letter-head through regular post," SVPIA Director R K Singh told PTI today.
A copy of the letter has been sent to the state police chief Chittaranjan Singh for further investigation, he added.
"Ahmedabad be ready for face the real terror," warned the letter and added `terror will strike at four other places in the city`, a senior police officer said.
Other locations which were listed in the threat letter were Ramada Hotel, Bakeri City, Venus Residency and Himalaya Mall.
"The letter, which was received by the Airport Director, was sent to me and I have sent the copies to Ahmedabad Police Commissioner and Central IB," said Director General of Police Chittaranjan Singh.
"As this is almost an identical letter to the one received by a five-star hotel in Ahmedabad a few months ago, we have asked the Anti-Terror Squad (ATS) also to investigate," he added.
He has also ordered strengthen of security at all other four city locations which were mentioned in the letter as well as all malls, railway station and bus stops in the city.
"Ahmedabad city has been put on alert," he said.
Security was beefed up at the airport where bomb disposal squad and sniffer dogs were put into action.
At the same time, all security personnel were asked to remain alert at arrival, departure areas and tight passenger scrutiny was also taken up, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day