Lawyer says signature of Asaram Bapu`s son legitimate, flays forgery charges
Surat: A lawyer representing self-styled godman Asaram Bapu`s son Narayan Sai, has claimed that all papers produced before the court for the granting of anticipatory bail are legitimate, and has flayed allegations that they have been forged.
Defence counsel Lokam told media here that charges of forgery against his client are unfair.
"An application was filed from the government`s side saying that signatures of Narayan Sai on the anticipatory bail application are doubtful. The court has gone through the papers and found everything to be in order. We have also submitted a photocopy of the passport with the signature of Narayan Sai so that they can compare. There is no question of us creating a fake document, or a forged document on behalf of Narayan Sai," said Lokam.
Narayan Sai has been accused of raping women and young girls at his father`s hermitage in Surat.
Two sisters had filed a complaint against him and his father. The elder of the two sisters has alleged that she was raped by Asaram at his Ahmedabad hermitage, whereas the younger sister has accused Narayan Sai of raping her in Surat.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police have picked up Dharmesh, an aide of Narayan Sai, for questioning for allegedly helping Sai to go underground.
Neelam Dubey, a spokesperson of Asaram`s Mission in New Delhi, however,accused the authorities of making a mountain out of a molehill.
Asaram, 75, was arrested in August after charges of sexually assaulting a schoolgirl at his Jodhpur hermitage had been registered against him. He has been in prison since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!