Lawyer says signature of Asaram Bapu`s son legitimate, flays forgery charges
Surat: A lawyer representing self-styled godman Asaram Bapu`s son Narayan Sai, has claimed that all papers produced before the court for the granting of anticipatory bail are legitimate, and has flayed allegations that they have been forged.
Defence counsel Lokam told media here that charges of forgery against his client are unfair.
"An application was filed from the government`s side saying that signatures of Narayan Sai on the anticipatory bail application are doubtful. The court has gone through the papers and found everything to be in order. We have also submitted a photocopy of the passport with the signature of Narayan Sai so that they can compare. There is no question of us creating a fake document, or a forged document on behalf of Narayan Sai," said Lokam.
Narayan Sai has been accused of raping women and young girls at his father`s hermitage in Surat.
Two sisters had filed a complaint against him and his father. The elder of the two sisters has alleged that she was raped by Asaram at his Ahmedabad hermitage, whereas the younger sister has accused Narayan Sai of raping her in Surat.
Meanwhile, Delhi Police have picked up Dharmesh, an aide of Narayan Sai, for questioning for allegedly helping Sai to go underground.
Neelam Dubey, a spokesperson of Asaram`s Mission in New Delhi, however,accused the authorities of making a mountain out of a molehill.
Asaram, 75, was arrested in August after charges of sexually assaulting a schoolgirl at his Jodhpur hermitage had been registered against him. He has been in prison since then.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in