Learn from history of Nazi Germany: Cong to Modi-loving Ind Inc
Mumbai: In a sharp reaction to the praise showered by industrialists on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at Vibrant Gujarat Summit, Congress on Saturday sought to draw a parallel with German corporate sector`s fascination for Adolph Hitler in 1930s.
"In the decade of 30`s, German corporate sector had similar fascination with a gentleman who was at the helm of affairs there. The implications for the world at large were disastrous," Union Minister and Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari said here.
"I think even corporate India would be well-served to draw lessons. Wise people do learn from the history and do draw appropriate lessons," Tewari told a press conference.
Tewari was asked to comment on ADAG chairman Anil Ambani putting Modi in the same league as Mahatma Gandhi in a speech at VGS yesterday.
Tewari said "myth of vibrant Gujarat is really a fantasy-making at its best, because if looked at in terms of real numbers, states like Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka are ranked much higher than Gujarat".
On the benchmark of foreign investment, Maharashtra was far ahead in the last twelve years, he said.
"Tamil Nadu and Karnataka are also ahead....Corporate India should realise the implications of flirting with the right wing. If we draw right lessons from the history...Such flirtations in the past have had very dangerous implications on the world at large."
Meanwhile, Congress leader Praveen Davar today condemned industrialist Anil Ambani for putting Modi in the league of Mahatma Gandhi and Sardar Patel saying it was an "insult" to the memory of two nationalists and Gujarat icons.
"It is highly deplorable that Anil Ambani has compared Modi with Gandhiji and Sardar Patel. It is an insult to the memory of two nationalists and Gujarat icons, whose ideals have been totally erased from Gujarat.
"Ambani and other corporate kings should not sink to such low levels of sycophancy and immorality," Davar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'