`LeT plotting to hijack plane from Ahmedabad`
New Delhi: Two days after security was beefed up at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport in Gujarat, a report on Sunday said that Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT) members are planning to hijack a plane from the Ahmedabad airport before August 15.
Police strengthened vigil after an alert from the Bureau of Civil Aviation, a top Airport Authority of India official said on Saturday.
The alert came in wake of a warning from the Intelligence Bureau, advising tightening of security measures at four airports in the country, including SVPIA, he said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves