LeT terrorist to be handed over to Gujarat police
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday directed
authorities here to handover a suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba
terrorist, arrested from the national capital in August, to
Gujarat police in connection with a criminal case registered
in Ahmedabad in 2006.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja allowed an
application moved by Anti-Terrorist Squad of Gujarat police
for production of Mohd Aslam alias Mohd Yusuf in an Ahmedabad
The court directed the Superintendent of Tihar jail
where the accused has been lodged after his arrest from New
Delhi Railway Station on August 25, to hand over his custody
to Gujarat police on or before November 29, the date for his
production in the Ahmedabad court.
The Gujarat police, armed with a transfer warrant from
the concerned court, had yesterday filed the application for
taking over the custody of Aslam.
The court also directed the authorities to ensure that
the accused was remanded back to the national capital for the
pending criminal proceedings on December eight.
Aslam, 27, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, was
apprehended by the Delhi police`s Special Cell while allegedly
carrying explosives in sweet boxes to be delivered to his
accomplices in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra. He was
found carrying detonators and chemicals, besides a Pakistani
passport with bearing name Yusuf.
According to the police, he was also wanted in different
cases in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what