LeT terrorist to be handed over to Gujarat police
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday directed
authorities here to handover a suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba
terrorist, arrested from the national capital in August, to
Gujarat police in connection with a criminal case registered
in Ahmedabad in 2006.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja allowed an
application moved by Anti-Terrorist Squad of Gujarat police
for production of Mohd Aslam alias Mohd Yusuf in an Ahmedabad
The court directed the Superintendent of Tihar jail
where the accused has been lodged after his arrest from New
Delhi Railway Station on August 25, to hand over his custody
to Gujarat police on or before November 29, the date for his
production in the Ahmedabad court.
The Gujarat police, armed with a transfer warrant from
the concerned court, had yesterday filed the application for
taking over the custody of Aslam.
The court also directed the authorities to ensure that
the accused was remanded back to the national capital for the
pending criminal proceedings on December eight.
Aslam, 27, a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, was
apprehended by the Delhi police`s Special Cell while allegedly
carrying explosives in sweet boxes to be delivered to his
accomplices in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra. He was
found carrying detonators and chemicals, besides a Pakistani
passport with bearing name Yusuf.
According to the police, he was also wanted in different
cases in Maharashtra and Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday