Liberal `Hindutva` will be ideology of new party: Keshubhai
Vadodara: Dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel has said his soon-to-be launched political party will be wedded to a broad concept of `Hindutva` and its goal will be to dislodge the "corrupt" Narendra Modi Government from power in Gujarat in coming Assembly polls.
"Hindutva used in liberal and broad sense" will be the ideology of the new party which will be launched next month, the former Chief Minister said.
Talking to PTI during his visit to the city to address a convention organised by Mahagujarat Janata Party (MJP) yesterday, he had said "this version of Hindutva will also mean working for welfare of the Muslim community".
Justifying the need for a new outfit in a state dominated by BJP and Congress, the veteran leader said "I decided to form the new party eight months ago to dislodge the corrupt Modi government from power."
Modi will face tough time in the Assembly electrons slated by the year-end and "we will ensure that he loses power", Patel said.
The Modi-baiter, who will celebrate his 84th birthday tomorrow, has embarked on a mission to mobilise support for the ouster of the BJP stalwart who succeeded him as Chief Minister in 2001.
He has the support of dissident BJP leaders Kashiram Rana, Suresh Mehta, a former Chief Minister, and also MJP President Gordhan Zadaphia, Modi`s friend-turned-foe who was Minister of State for Home during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
After virtually remaining in political wilderness since 2001, the former Chief Minister has decided to contest the assembly poll from Saurashtra, a region where he enjoys good support among the influential Patel community who constitute 18 per cent of Gujarat`s population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch