Liberal `Hindutva` will be ideology of new party: Keshubhai
Vadodara: Dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel has said his soon-to-be launched political party will be wedded to a broad concept of `Hindutva` and its goal will be to dislodge the "corrupt" Narendra Modi Government from power in Gujarat in coming Assembly polls.
"Hindutva used in liberal and broad sense" will be the ideology of the new party which will be launched next month, the former Chief Minister said.
Talking to PTI during his visit to the city to address a convention organised by Mahagujarat Janata Party (MJP) yesterday, he had said "this version of Hindutva will also mean working for welfare of the Muslim community".
Justifying the need for a new outfit in a state dominated by BJP and Congress, the veteran leader said "I decided to form the new party eight months ago to dislodge the corrupt Modi government from power."
Modi will face tough time in the Assembly electrons slated by the year-end and "we will ensure that he loses power", Patel said.
The Modi-baiter, who will celebrate his 84th birthday tomorrow, has embarked on a mission to mobilise support for the ouster of the BJP stalwart who succeeded him as Chief Minister in 2001.
He has the support of dissident BJP leaders Kashiram Rana, Suresh Mehta, a former Chief Minister, and also MJP President Gordhan Zadaphia, Modi`s friend-turned-foe who was Minister of State for Home during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
After virtually remaining in political wilderness since 2001, the former Chief Minister has decided to contest the assembly poll from Saurashtra, a region where he enjoys good support among the influential Patel community who constitute 18 per cent of Gujarat`s population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information