Liberal `Hindutva` will be ideology of new party: Keshubhai
Vadodara: Dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel has said his soon-to-be launched political party will be wedded to a broad concept of `Hindutva` and its goal will be to dislodge the "corrupt" Narendra Modi Government from power in Gujarat in coming Assembly polls.
"Hindutva used in liberal and broad sense" will be the ideology of the new party which will be launched next month, the former Chief Minister said.
Talking to PTI during his visit to the city to address a convention organised by Mahagujarat Janata Party (MJP) yesterday, he had said "this version of Hindutva will also mean working for welfare of the Muslim community".
Justifying the need for a new outfit in a state dominated by BJP and Congress, the veteran leader said "I decided to form the new party eight months ago to dislodge the corrupt Modi government from power."
Modi will face tough time in the Assembly electrons slated by the year-end and "we will ensure that he loses power", Patel said.
The Modi-baiter, who will celebrate his 84th birthday tomorrow, has embarked on a mission to mobilise support for the ouster of the BJP stalwart who succeeded him as Chief Minister in 2001.
He has the support of dissident BJP leaders Kashiram Rana, Suresh Mehta, a former Chief Minister, and also MJP President Gordhan Zadaphia, Modi`s friend-turned-foe who was Minister of State for Home during the 2002 post-Godhra riots.
After virtually remaining in political wilderness since 2001, the former Chief Minister has decided to contest the assembly poll from Saurashtra, a region where he enjoys good support among the influential Patel community who constitute 18 per cent of Gujarat`s population.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what