Local BJP leader injured in firing in Gujarat town
Rajkot: A local BJP leader and member of Bheshan taluka panchayat Bhupatbhai Bhayani was injured after being shot at by some unidentified persons on Sunday evening, police said.
Bhayani was returning from Gandhinagar after attending a meeting with state cabinet minister Kanubhai Bhalala in his private car when some unidentified persons fired at him near Para Pipaliya town, police said.
Bhayani sustained a bullet injury on his head and was given primary treatment at a private hospital in Junagadh.
He was later shifted to Wockhardt hospital here and his condition was stated to be normal.
Following attack on Bhayani, his supporters torched couple of shops at Bheshan town and pelted stones at a police party in which a policeman was injured, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview