Local BJP leader injured in firing in Gujarat town
Rajkot: A local BJP leader and member of Bheshan taluka panchayat Bhupatbhai Bhayani was injured after being shot at by some unidentified persons on Sunday evening, police said.
Bhayani was returning from Gandhinagar after attending a meeting with state cabinet minister Kanubhai Bhalala in his private car when some unidentified persons fired at him near Para Pipaliya town, police said.
Bhayani sustained a bullet injury on his head and was given primary treatment at a private hospital in Junagadh.
He was later shifted to Wockhardt hospital here and his condition was stated to be normal.
Following attack on Bhayani, his supporters torched couple of shops at Bheshan town and pelted stones at a police party in which a policeman was injured, police said.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday