Local BJP leader injured in firing in Gujarat town
Rajkot: A local BJP leader and member of Bheshan taluka panchayat Bhupatbhai Bhayani was injured after being shot at by some unidentified persons on Sunday evening, police said.
Bhayani was returning from Gandhinagar after attending a meeting with state cabinet minister Kanubhai Bhalala in his private car when some unidentified persons fired at him near Para Pipaliya town, police said.
Bhayani sustained a bullet injury on his head and was given primary treatment at a private hospital in Junagadh.
He was later shifted to Wockhardt hospital here and his condition was stated to be normal.
Following attack on Bhayani, his supporters torched couple of shops at Bheshan town and pelted stones at a police party in which a policeman was injured, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!