Local BJP leader injured in firing in Gujarat town
Rajkot: A local BJP leader and member of Bheshan taluka panchayat Bhupatbhai Bhayani was injured after being shot at by some unidentified persons on Sunday evening, police said.
Bhayani was returning from Gandhinagar after attending a meeting with state cabinet minister Kanubhai Bhalala in his private car when some unidentified persons fired at him near Para Pipaliya town, police said.
Bhayani sustained a bullet injury on his head and was given primary treatment at a private hospital in Junagadh.
He was later shifted to Wockhardt hospital here and his condition was stated to be normal.
Following attack on Bhayani, his supporters torched couple of shops at Bheshan town and pelted stones at a police party in which a policeman was injured, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 94 seats, BJP in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race