Lokayukta issue: Gujarat govt questioned on delay
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat High Court Thursday issued notice to the state government on the delay in appointing a Lokayukta.
The notice was issued to the chief secretary by the division bench comprising Justice Akil Qureshi and Justice Sonia Gokani.
The official was directed him to file an affidavit on the issue.
The notice came on a petition filed by Bhikhubhai Jethwa, father of right to information (RTI) activist Amit Jethwa who was killed outside the court soon after his attempt to expose illegal mining near a lion sanctuary.
Amit had earlier challenged the government inaction in appointing the lokayukta in the state through a petition in April last year but the post still remains vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you