Lokayukta issue: Gujarat govt questioned on delay
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat High Court Thursday issued notice to the state government on the delay in appointing a Lokayukta.
The notice was issued to the chief secretary by the division bench comprising Justice Akil Qureshi and Justice Sonia Gokani.
The official was directed him to file an affidavit on the issue.
The notice came on a petition filed by Bhikhubhai Jethwa, father of right to information (RTI) activist Amit Jethwa who was killed outside the court soon after his attempt to expose illegal mining near a lion sanctuary.
Amit had earlier challenged the government inaction in appointing the lokayukta in the state through a petition in April last year but the post still remains vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi