Lokayukta issue: Gujarat govt questioned on delay
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat High Court Thursday issued notice to the state government on the delay in appointing a Lokayukta.
The notice was issued to the chief secretary by the division bench comprising Justice Akil Qureshi and Justice Sonia Gokani.
The official was directed him to file an affidavit on the issue.
The notice came on a petition filed by Bhikhubhai Jethwa, father of right to information (RTI) activist Amit Jethwa who was killed outside the court soon after his attempt to expose illegal mining near a lion sanctuary.
Amit had earlier challenged the government inaction in appointing the lokayukta in the state through a petition in April last year but the post still remains vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test