Lokayukta issue: Gujarat govt questioned on delay
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat High Court Thursday issued notice to the state government on the delay in appointing a Lokayukta.
The notice was issued to the chief secretary by the division bench comprising Justice Akil Qureshi and Justice Sonia Gokani.
The official was directed him to file an affidavit on the issue.
The notice came on a petition filed by Bhikhubhai Jethwa, father of right to information (RTI) activist Amit Jethwa who was killed outside the court soon after his attempt to expose illegal mining near a lion sanctuary.
Amit had earlier challenged the government inaction in appointing the lokayukta in the state through a petition in April last year but the post still remains vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa
- Twin suicide bombs kill 13 near Mogadishu airport
- CPI(M) Kashmir criticises DG CRPF for his comment on pellet guns