Lokayukta issue: Gujarat govt questioned on delay
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat High Court Thursday issued notice to the state government on the delay in appointing a Lokayukta.
The notice was issued to the chief secretary by the division bench comprising Justice Akil Qureshi and Justice Sonia Gokani.
The official was directed him to file an affidavit on the issue.
The notice came on a petition filed by Bhikhubhai Jethwa, father of right to information (RTI) activist Amit Jethwa who was killed outside the court soon after his attempt to expose illegal mining near a lion sanctuary.
Amit had earlier challenged the government inaction in appointing the lokayukta in the state through a petition in April last year but the post still remains vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'