lshrat: Forensic experts reconstruct encounter
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team
(SIT), probing the 2004 police encounter of Ishrat Jahan and three others, along with forensic experts, Thursday reconstructed
the events that took place on the day of the incident at the original site near Kotarpur area of the city.
SIT chairman Satyapal Singh said that a eleven-member
team from the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS)
and Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), New Delhi, was
helping them in reconstruction and collection of the data that
would be useful during investigation.
"We called Dr Rajendra Singh, Director, CFSL, and Dr T
D Dogra, head of the department of Forensic Medicine, who have
come along with their team to reconstruct the series of events
and collect data," Singh told mediapersons.
When asked why the team had come again after
conducting similar exercise on April 17 this year, the SIT
chairman said, "They have come on the request of SIT as the
work could not be completed during the earlier
Singh, who had taken charge last month, has already
expressed his desire to be relieved from the responsibility of
SIT chairman before the Gujarat High Court which is directly
supervising the probe.
SIT members Mohan Jha and Satish Verma were present
for reconstruction, besides the entire team of the then city
crime branch involved in the encounter which described the
situation they had faced seven years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon