lshrat: Forensic experts reconstruct encounter
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team
(SIT), probing the 2004 police encounter of Ishrat Jahan and three others, along with forensic experts, Thursday reconstructed
the events that took place on the day of the incident at the original site near Kotarpur area of the city.
SIT chairman Satyapal Singh said that a eleven-member
team from the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS)
and Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), New Delhi, was
helping them in reconstruction and collection of the data that
would be useful during investigation.
"We called Dr Rajendra Singh, Director, CFSL, and Dr T
D Dogra, head of the department of Forensic Medicine, who have
come along with their team to reconstruct the series of events
and collect data," Singh told mediapersons.
When asked why the team had come again after
conducting similar exercise on April 17 this year, the SIT
chairman said, "They have come on the request of SIT as the
work could not be completed during the earlier
Singh, who had taken charge last month, has already
expressed his desire to be relieved from the responsibility of
SIT chairman before the Gujarat High Court which is directly
supervising the probe.
SIT members Mohan Jha and Satish Verma were present
for reconstruction, besides the entire team of the then city
crime branch involved in the encounter which described the
situation they had faced seven years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured