lshrat: Forensic experts reconstruct encounter
Ahmedabad: The Special Investigation Team
(SIT), probing the 2004 police encounter of Ishrat Jahan and three others, along with forensic experts, Thursday reconstructed
the events that took place on the day of the incident at the original site near Kotarpur area of the city.
SIT chairman Satyapal Singh said that a eleven-member
team from the All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS)
and Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL), New Delhi, was
helping them in reconstruction and collection of the data that
would be useful during investigation.
"We called Dr Rajendra Singh, Director, CFSL, and Dr T
D Dogra, head of the department of Forensic Medicine, who have
come along with their team to reconstruct the series of events
and collect data," Singh told mediapersons.
When asked why the team had come again after
conducting similar exercise on April 17 this year, the SIT
chairman said, "They have come on the request of SIT as the
work could not be completed during the earlier
Singh, who had taken charge last month, has already
expressed his desire to be relieved from the responsibility of
SIT chairman before the Gujarat High Court which is directly
supervising the probe.
SIT members Mohan Jha and Satish Verma were present
for reconstruction, besides the entire team of the then city
crime branch involved in the encounter which described the
situation they had faced seven years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth