Mamata Banerjee, Anna Hazare to visit Gujarat on March 20
Ahmedabad: After Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal`s whirlwind visit to Narendra Modi`s home turf, it`s now the turn of his Anna Hazare and and Trinamool Congress (TMC) chief Mamata Banerjee to visit Gujarat on March 20.
Hazare has been invited to Gujarat by state Samata Party chief Pravinsinh Jadeja who claimed the anti-corruption crusader would visit the state accompanied by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee as well as their Rajya Sabha MP nominee and movie star Mithun Chakraborty.
Jadeja said he had met Hazare in Delhi last week and invited him to visit Gujarat. "He accepted our invitation and roped in Mamata and Mithun for the visit. They have decided to hold a rally in the city on March 20. This exercise is part of our endeavour to provide a strong alternative to BJP and Congress in Gujarat," Jadeja said.
Accusing Congress of having failed to work as an effective opposition party in Gujarat, he said Samata Party "took this initiative to build a strong alternative force in Gujarat. After the rally, we will eventually announce our merger with TMC and take a decision about fielding our candidates in Gujarat for the forthcoming elections," Jadeja said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends