Man arrested for self immolation bid in Rajkot
Rajkot: A man was arrested for attempting
self immolation in front of commissioner`s office on Saturday
accusing the police of falsely implicating him in criminal
cases, police said.
Dharmesh Chavda was arrested while attempting to
immolate himself near police commissioner Geetha Johri`s
office near race course, they said.
Chavda rushed to Commissioner`s office this afternoon and
poured kerosene over him but was arrested before he could
ignite, they said.
Police said his brother was earlier arrested on the
charges of vehicle theft and Chavda was also beaten up during
a rally taken out to mark Babasaheb Ambedkar`s birth
anniversary couple of days ago, adding that he staged the
drama to put the police officers into trouble.
Chavda has been booked under relevant sections, they
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference