Man booked for raping daughter-in-law in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A man has been booked for allegedly raping his 39-year-old daughter-in-law at their residence in Raipur locality in the city, police said on Saturday.
The victim`s mother-in-law has also been booked for assisting her husband in the act, they said.
Khadia police said that in her complaint, the victim said that her father-in-law, Ambalal Patel had sexually assaulted her on February 2 under the pretext of applying oil on her legs, while her mother-in-law locked the room from outside.
According to police, the incident took place when the victim`s husband was not at home.
Police said they were probing why the victim lodged a complaint in this regard only yesterday, almost after one and half months after the incident.
Medical report of the victim is awaited, police said adding that her clothes have been sent to Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) for testing.
The accused duo has been booked under Section 376 (rape) and 114 (abettor present when offence is committed) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC). The duo have not been arrested, cops added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi