Man climbs 70-feet tower over land dispute
Vadodara: A 35-year-old man who climbed a
70-feet tower near a railway station in Dohad area, three days
ago, over a land dispute, has refused to come down, fire
brigade officials said Friday.
Fire brigade, railway officials, NGOs and negotiators
have been coaxing Mohan Lal into coming down but he has not
budged till now, they said.
Whenever a fire brigade jawan climbed up to negotiate
with him, he threatened to jump down and threw stones at him
asking him to leave a bottle of water for him there, officials
The site has attracted a huge crowd of curious locals.
The Ahmedabad man, who is a father of four, is demanding
a immediate solution to the land dispute with his uncle,
following which he will climb down, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Next steps for European Union after Brexit
- Libyan forces clash with militants in Sirte, 14 dead: Official
- Rahul Gandhi reacts to NSG setback: 'How to lose a negotiation by PM Narendra Modi'
- Pope denounces Armenian `genocide` in Yerevan visit
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in