Man dies after hanging self in police lock-up
Surat: A man accused of abetting his
wife`s suicide, hanged himself to death in the lock-up of
Olpad police station here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place late last night, where
one Natwar Patel (23) from Aslad village of Olpad taluka,
hanged himself using a belt in police lock-up, they said.
According to police, Patel`s wife Jagruti had
allegedly committed suicide in December by consuming
poison following a family dispute.
Jagruti`s family filed a complaint against Patel,
alleging that he had forced her to commit suicide. Based on
the complaint police arrested Patel for abetment of suicide.
Patel was to be produced before a local court here for
his bail hearing today, police said.
A complaint has been registered in this regard and
further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read