Man dies after hanging self in police lock-up
Surat: A man accused of abetting his
wife`s suicide, hanged himself to death in the lock-up of
Olpad police station here, police said on Thursday.
The incident took place late last night, where
one Natwar Patel (23) from Aslad village of Olpad taluka,
hanged himself using a belt in police lock-up, they said.
According to police, Patel`s wife Jagruti had
allegedly committed suicide in December by consuming
poison following a family dispute.
Jagruti`s family filed a complaint against Patel,
alleging that he had forced her to commit suicide. Based on
the complaint police arrested Patel for abetment of suicide.
Patel was to be produced before a local court here for
his bail hearing today, police said.
A complaint has been registered in this regard and
further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief