Man dies in acid attack, wife critical in Gujarat
Vadodara: A man injured in acid attack died while undergoing treatment at hospital in Nadiad town on Saturday even as his wife is battling for her life, police said.
The deceased, Mukesh Solanki who belonged to Muvadi village in Kaira district, was an autorickshaw driver.
Mukesh and his wife Daxaben were sleeping outside their house on Thursday night when the accused, identified as Budha Solanki, allegedly flung acid on them, causing serious burn injuries, police said.
Daxaben said in her statement at the hospital that Budha was involved in some dispute with her husband, said P S Gadhvi, sub-inspector of Chaklasi police station.
Budha has been booked under sections 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder) of Indian Penal Code and a search is on to trace him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!