Man dies in acid attack, wife critical in Gujarat
Vadodara: A man injured in acid attack died while undergoing treatment at hospital in Nadiad town on Saturday even as his wife is battling for her life, police said.
The deceased, Mukesh Solanki who belonged to Muvadi village in Kaira district, was an autorickshaw driver.
Mukesh and his wife Daxaben were sleeping outside their house on Thursday night when the accused, identified as Budha Solanki, allegedly flung acid on them, causing serious burn injuries, police said.
Daxaben said in her statement at the hospital that Budha was involved in some dispute with her husband, said P S Gadhvi, sub-inspector of Chaklasi police station.
Budha has been booked under sections 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder) of Indian Penal Code and a search is on to trace him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information