Man dies in acid attack, wife critical in Gujarat
Vadodara: A man injured in acid attack died while undergoing treatment at hospital in Nadiad town on Saturday even as his wife is battling for her life, police said.
The deceased, Mukesh Solanki who belonged to Muvadi village in Kaira district, was an autorickshaw driver.
Mukesh and his wife Daxaben were sleeping outside their house on Thursday night when the accused, identified as Budha Solanki, allegedly flung acid on them, causing serious burn injuries, police said.
Daxaben said in her statement at the hospital that Budha was involved in some dispute with her husband, said P S Gadhvi, sub-inspector of Chaklasi police station.
Budha has been booked under sections 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder) of Indian Penal Code and a search is on to trace him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what