Man dies in acid attack, wife critical in Gujarat
Vadodara: A man injured in acid attack died while undergoing treatment at hospital in Nadiad town on Saturday even as his wife is battling for her life, police said.
The deceased, Mukesh Solanki who belonged to Muvadi village in Kaira district, was an autorickshaw driver.
Mukesh and his wife Daxaben were sleeping outside their house on Thursday night when the accused, identified as Budha Solanki, allegedly flung acid on them, causing serious burn injuries, police said.
Daxaben said in her statement at the hospital that Budha was involved in some dispute with her husband, said P S Gadhvi, sub-inspector of Chaklasi police station.
Budha has been booked under sections 302 (murder) and 307 (attempt to murder) of Indian Penal Code and a search is on to trace him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!