Man kills wife, 3 kids before committing suicide in Surat
Surat: A 40-year-old man allegedly killed his wife and three children before committing suicide here Friday morning, police said.
Preliminary investigation revealed that Ananda Gaikwad first killed his wife and three children and then hanged himself from a ceiling fan at their Mahadevnagar society residence in Pandesara area here, they said.
The deceased were identified by as Ananda Gaikwad, his wife Jyoti (35), son Jayesh (12), and daughters Nutan(15) and Prajakta (9).
Ananda was found hanging from the ceiling fan, while other members were lying on floor and bed, having strangulation marks on their neck, police said.
"It seems that Ananda made his wife and three children unconscious by giving them some intoxicating substance. He then strangulated them to death with a rope and hanged himself. Since we have not found any suicide letter, we are yet to find out the reason behind his extreme step," said inspector V G Patel.
The statements of Ananda`s neighbours were being taken to find out the reason behind the incident.
According to locals, Ananda, a native of Jalgaon in Maharashtra, used to work as an accountant with a garment shop in Raghukul market on ring road here. His children studied in Marathi Saibaba school in Pandesara.
Police also learnt that Ananda`s sister was getting married on May 18 at his native place and the whole family had decided to leave for Jalgaon today evening.
However, when neighbours didn`t see any movement at Ananda`s house, they gathered outside his residence today morning and knocked the door repeatedly. When there was no response, some locals broke the window and found Ananda hanging from the ceiling fan.
"On learning about the suicide from locals, we rushed to the spot and started our investigation. After entering the house, we found Jayesh and Prajakta lying on bed, while Jyoti and Nutan were lying dead on floor," said Patel, who is heading the probe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists