Man stabbed to death in Gujarat hospital ward
Ahmedabad: A man was allegedly stabbed to
death by four persons inside the trauma ward of a government hospital in Maninagar area here, police said Thursday.
The incident took place last night at L G Hospital where
accused Amit, Chako, Vinod and an unknown person forced their
way into the ward and attacked the victim using sharp weapons,
Another patient in the ward, who was also undergoing
treatment, was injured in the incident while trying to stop
the attackers, police said.
The deceased, who died on the spot was identified as Balwant Verma (22).
According to police, earlier in the day, Verma who
lives in Amraiwadi area of the city had a scuffle with the
accused over some petty issue following which he was
Verma also had a fight with the same persons in his
locality a couple of months ago, they said.
A case has been registered against four persons in the
Maninagar police station, and further investigation into the
matter was on.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection