Man stabbed to death in Gujarat hospital ward
Ahmedabad: A man was allegedly stabbed to
death by four persons inside the trauma ward of a government hospital in Maninagar area here, police said Thursday.
The incident took place last night at L G Hospital where
accused Amit, Chako, Vinod and an unknown person forced their
way into the ward and attacked the victim using sharp weapons,
Another patient in the ward, who was also undergoing
treatment, was injured in the incident while trying to stop
the attackers, police said.
The deceased, who died on the spot was identified as Balwant Verma (22).
According to police, earlier in the day, Verma who
lives in Amraiwadi area of the city had a scuffle with the
accused over some petty issue following which he was
Verma also had a fight with the same persons in his
locality a couple of months ago, they said.
A case has been registered against four persons in the
Maninagar police station, and further investigation into the
matter was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa