Man suspected of Naxal links arrested from Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: One person has been arrested on
suspicion of having links with Naxal from Ghodasar area of
the city today, police said.
One Sagar alias Shrinivas Venkatachalia (35), who is
native of Istalpuram village of Nalgonda district of Andhara
Pradesh, was arrested by the city crime branch following a tip
off from the special investigation team (SIT) probing network
of CPI (Maoist) in the state, they said.
"Sagar is wanted in connection with a case registered
against CPI (Maoist) in Kamrej police station of Surat
district," district superintendent of police Navsari Premvir
Singh, who is heading the SIT, said.
"We will investigate his links with CPI (Maoist)
organisations and how their network is spread in the state
after thorough interrogation," he said.
According to city crime branch, Sagar was residing in
Gujarat for last several years, married a local Gujarati girl
and was living in Ghodasar area.
With this arrest, total arrests in the case against
banned organisation CPI (Maoist) and Naxals has risen to 12.
Gujarat police have in February filed an FIR against CPI
(Maoist) in the state to investigate their plans, activities
and to identify persons involved in spread of the banned
organistion in South Gujarat region.
All those arrested as per this FIR have been booked under
IPC sections including criminal conspiracy (120B), waging war
against government (121A), Sedition (124A), promoting enmity
between different groups (153A).
Besides this they have also been booked under relevant
sections of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?