Massive fire breaks out at Ajanta clock company in Morbi
Rajkot: A major fire was reported at the country`s leading clock manufacturing company `Ajanta`, located at the Morbi-Rajkot highway, fire brigade sources said here on Sunday.
"A major fire broke out late last night at the Morbi-based clock manufacturing company `Ajanta` near the Morbi-Rajkot highway, which was brought under control after eleven hours", Chief Fire Officer of the Morbi fire brigade Girish Terraiya said, adding that nearly eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot to control the flame.
There was no report of any casuality, the fire brigade official confirmed.
"The fire broke out at clock manufacturing company Ajanta`s second floor and spread rapidly to the third floor," the company`s public relations officer Deepak Joshi said.
Raw materials used in manufacturing wall clocks were gutted in the fire, he said.
Fire brigade sources said that the exact cause of the major fire in the company is yet to be ascertained.
However, company officials refused to comment about losses suffered by the company due to the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video