Massive fire breaks out at Ajanta clock company in Morbi
Rajkot: A major fire was reported at the country`s leading clock manufacturing company `Ajanta`, located at the Morbi-Rajkot highway, fire brigade sources said here on Sunday.
"A major fire broke out late last night at the Morbi-based clock manufacturing company `Ajanta` near the Morbi-Rajkot highway, which was brought under control after eleven hours", Chief Fire Officer of the Morbi fire brigade Girish Terraiya said, adding that nearly eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot to control the flame.
There was no report of any casuality, the fire brigade official confirmed.
"The fire broke out at clock manufacturing company Ajanta`s second floor and spread rapidly to the third floor," the company`s public relations officer Deepak Joshi said.
Raw materials used in manufacturing wall clocks were gutted in the fire, he said.
Fire brigade sources said that the exact cause of the major fire in the company is yet to be ascertained.
However, company officials refused to comment about losses suffered by the company due to the fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?