MB Shah Commission gets second extension
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has granted a three-month extension, second so far, to Justice M B Shah inquiry commission probing corruption charges levelled by opposition Congress against Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"As there is still some procedure going on vis-a-vis examination of evidences, hence state government has granted further extension till the end of September this year," Bhaskar Tanna, special counsel for state government said.
The one-member panel, headed by retired Supreme Court Judge M B Shah, was set up by the state government on August 17, 2011 in the wake of Congress submitting a memorandum to President Pratibha Patil in June 2011 alleging that the Modi government had indulged in large scale corruption and extended undue favours to some industrial houses.
The commission`s term was extended for three months in March this year.
The terms of reference of the Commission included inquiry into the allegations regarding favouritism towards certain corporate entities in gross negligence in this regard, if any, by the government, and any other allegation that the panel may deem fit to inquire, besides probe into the manner in which land had been allotted to industry houses, and analyse all tax concessions given in Gujarat vis-a-vis other states.
The panel is also looking into post-1980 role of successive state governments in giving special relaxations to industrial houses.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended