Members of two communities clash in Gujarat
Rajkot: A policeman was injured and a couple of vehicles were torched in the city following a clash between members of two communities on Saturday morning, police said.
The incident took place when four youths of Koli community were attacked by members of a minority community at Nageshwar area in Jamnagar, police said.
Enraged over this, some members of the Koli community rushed to one of the minority community members`s house and started pelting stones, police said adding that one policeman sustained minor injury in the stone-pelting incident.
A police team rushed to the spot to control the situation, which had become tense after members of both the communities set a car and a motorcycle ablaze.
Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the mob and the situation was brought under control. Security in the area has been beefed up, police said adding that no arrests have been made in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test