Members of two communities clash in Gujarat
Rajkot: A policeman was injured and a couple of vehicles were torched in the city following a clash between members of two communities on Saturday morning, police said.
The incident took place when four youths of Koli community were attacked by members of a minority community at Nageshwar area in Jamnagar, police said.
Enraged over this, some members of the Koli community rushed to one of the minority community members`s house and started pelting stones, police said adding that one policeman sustained minor injury in the stone-pelting incident.
A police team rushed to the spot to control the situation, which had become tense after members of both the communities set a car and a motorcycle ablaze.
Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the mob and the situation was brought under control. Security in the area has been beefed up, police said adding that no arrests have been made in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism - Part II
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh