Members of two communities clash in Gujarat
Rajkot: A policeman was injured and a couple of vehicles were torched in the city following a clash between members of two communities on Saturday morning, police said.
The incident took place when four youths of Koli community were attacked by members of a minority community at Nageshwar area in Jamnagar, police said.
Enraged over this, some members of the Koli community rushed to one of the minority community members`s house and started pelting stones, police said adding that one policeman sustained minor injury in the stone-pelting incident.
A police team rushed to the spot to control the situation, which had become tense after members of both the communities set a car and a motorcycle ablaze.
Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the mob and the situation was brought under control. Security in the area has been beefed up, police said adding that no arrests have been made in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'