Members of two communities clash in Gujarat
Rajkot: A policeman was injured and a couple of vehicles were torched in the city following a clash between members of two communities on Saturday morning, police said.
The incident took place when four youths of Koli community were attacked by members of a minority community at Nageshwar area in Jamnagar, police said.
Enraged over this, some members of the Koli community rushed to one of the minority community members`s house and started pelting stones, police said adding that one policeman sustained minor injury in the stone-pelting incident.
A police team rushed to the spot to control the situation, which had become tense after members of both the communities set a car and a motorcycle ablaze.
Police resorted to lathicharge to disperse the mob and the situation was brought under control. Security in the area has been beefed up, police said adding that no arrests have been made in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city