MGNREGA scheme: FIR against 48 persons for Rs 4 cr scam
Dahod: An FIR has been lodged against 48
persons including post masters, government officials and
village sarpanches, for involvement in scam of over Rs 4 crore
in the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee
(MGNREGA) Scheme, in Fatehpura taluka here today, police said.
The FIR was lodged after a detailed inquiry by the
district officials following numerous complaints of corruption
in the implementation of MGNREGA in Fatehpura taluka, they
According to the FIR, the accused which include four post
masters, former taluka development officers (TDOs), Deputy
Engineer, revenue officials and Sarpanches of 20 village
panchayats, had siphoned off Rs 4.18 crore of MGNREGA using
forged documents and fake identity cards.
The accused, which also include 11 women sarpanches, in
connivance with each other executed the criminal conspiracy
between September 2009 to June 2010, it said.
No arrests have been made in the case, police said,
adding further investigation was on.
Early this year, eight government officials including
former TDOs and sarpanches of villages were suspended by the
district development officer (DDO), who had also seized other
documents related to the MGNREGA from the taluka officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation