Middle aged woman raped, accused held
Ahmedabad: A man from Behrampura area here was booked on the charge of raping a 35-year-old woman from Mumbai on the pretext of marrying her, police said on Friday.
Aakash Bachani was booked under Section 323 (voluntarily causing hurt) and 376 (rape) of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) after the woman lodged the complaint against him with Navrangpura police yesterday.
The woman alleged that Bachani befriended her via Internet and entered into physical relationship with her by promising to marry her but went back on his word, police said.
The woman said in her complaint that Bachani used to beat her when she asked him about his promise to marry her, according to police.
Police said Bachani will be arrested soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?