Mild tremor hits Kutch district
Kutch: A tremor measuring 2.9 on the Richter scale hit Kutch district during the wee hours today, district officials of Kutch said.
"The epicentre of the earthquake measuring 2.9 on the Richter scale experienced at 4.30 am was 32 kilometres South-East from Khawada town in Rann of Kutch, in Kutch district," district officials told reporters.
However, no damage or casualty was reported from the area, they said.
The origin of this earthquake recorded at 4:30 am was 7.6 kilometre down the earth, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users