Mild tremor in Kutch
Ahmedabad: An earthquake measuring 4.5 on the Richter Scale struck Bhachau in Kutch district of western Gujarat on Saturday, Institute of Seismological Research (ISR) said here.
"The earthquake struck 22 km north of Bhachau, near Choburi, in Kutch district at 12:03 PM," ISR Director General B K Rastogi said.
There were no reports of casualties or any property damage.
Kutch has been rocked by tremors measuring 2-4 on the Richter Scale in the past.
The area had suffered a major devastation in the 2001 Gujarat earthquake.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis