Mild tremor in Kutch
Ahmedabad: An earthquake measuring 4.5 on the Richter Scale struck Bhachau in Kutch district of western Gujarat on Saturday, Institute of Seismological Research (ISR) said here.
"The earthquake struck 22 km north of Bhachau, near Choburi, in Kutch district at 12:03 PM," ISR Director General B K Rastogi said.
There were no reports of casualties or any property damage.
Kutch has been rocked by tremors measuring 2-4 on the Richter Scale in the past.
The area had suffered a major devastation in the 2001 Gujarat earthquake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday