Mild tremor in Kutch
Ahmedabad: An earthquake measuring 4.5 on the Richter Scale struck Bhachau in Kutch district of western Gujarat on Saturday, Institute of Seismological Research (ISR) said here.
"The earthquake struck 22 km north of Bhachau, near Choburi, in Kutch district at 12:03 PM," ISR Director General B K Rastogi said.
There were no reports of casualties or any property damage.
Kutch has been rocked by tremors measuring 2-4 on the Richter Scale in the past.
The area had suffered a major devastation in the 2001 Gujarat earthquake.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details