Minor raped in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A 16-year-old girl has allegedly been raped by an auto-rickshaw driver in Gujarat`s Patan district, police said on Tuesday.
The minor was to leave with her parents to attend a family function in Bhavnagar in some days.
However, on Sunday between 10 pm and midnight, the girl put some clothes in a bag and left home without informing her parents, Sidhpur Deputy Superintendent of Police NC Patel, who is investigating the case, told a news agency.
She hired an auto-rickshaw for Patan railway station, but the driver told her that he had to refuel the vehicle and went to Unjha petrol pump.
The driver didn`t have sufficient money, and therefore the girl paid Rs 200 for refuelling the vehicle, police said.
Their image was captured in the CCTV, installed at the petrol pump, they said.
The driver then drove back to Patan and on way, he raped the girl at a farm before dropping her at Patan ST bus stand instead of railway station, the Dy SP said.
The girl changed her clothes at the bus stand, Patel said, adding that someone noticed that she was bleeding and called ambulance service, which took her to Patan Civil Hospital.
Later, her parents were called and a complaint was filed.
The girl gave names of three different persons, but during the investigation it was found that there was no person by such name in the locality.
She also gave three different registration numbers of auto-rickshaws, which were not found valid when checked with the local Regional Transport Office.
The accused has not been identified so far, police said adding that the victim was not cooperating with them in the probe.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know