Minor raped in Surat
Surat: A seven year old girl was raped
by an unidentified man near Hojiwala Industrial Estate at
Sachin near here, police officials said here today.
The girl was kidnapped from her house on Friday and
later on was dropped back to her house after the crime.
A case under IPC 375 & 376 has been registered in this
connection by the police and a manhunt has been launched to
nab the culprit.
According to police, the girl, a resident of slums
near Hojiwala Industrial Estate at Sachin was sleeping at her
house on Friday last, when she was kidnapped by an
The individual took her near a small pond 100 meters
away from her house, and later raped her at the spot, police
"Owing to darkness, she could not see the face of
culprit, but has given some identification marks," inspector
of Sachin police station, K N Patel said.
The girl has been admitted to new civil hospital for
treatment, where doctors termed her condition to be serious.
She has injury marks on her neck, blood has clotted inside her
eyes, while there is continuous bleeding from her private
organ, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway