‘Minorities sub quota afflictive for backwards’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday described as "afflictive for backward classes" the Centre`s decision of allotting 4.5 per cent sub quota for minorities within the existing 27 per cent OBC reservation.
"The Centre`s decision of snatching four per cent reservation benefits from the 27 per cent quota of OBC is afflictive for socially and educationally backward class people," Modi said while speaking at an event of Raval Yogi community in Gandhinagar.
"By causing pain to the people of backward classes, the Centre would not be able to enjoy power for long," he said.
On the occasion, Modi felicitated 10 prominent members of the community and 21 others, who had contributed for the uplift of the community. He also released a book, titled `Aapno Raval Samaj`, on the occasion.
Modi lauded the community`s efforts for empowering its members. He acknowledged the contribution of his teachers belonging to Raval Yogi community in shaping his life.
The chief minister urged the youths to take benefits of the educational schemes which his government has launched for backward communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth