‘Minorities sub quota afflictive for backwards’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday described as "afflictive for backward classes" the Centre`s decision of allotting 4.5 per cent sub quota for minorities within the existing 27 per cent OBC reservation.
"The Centre`s decision of snatching four per cent reservation benefits from the 27 per cent quota of OBC is afflictive for socially and educationally backward class people," Modi said while speaking at an event of Raval Yogi community in Gandhinagar.
"By causing pain to the people of backward classes, the Centre would not be able to enjoy power for long," he said.
On the occasion, Modi felicitated 10 prominent members of the community and 21 others, who had contributed for the uplift of the community. He also released a book, titled `Aapno Raval Samaj`, on the occasion.
Modi lauded the community`s efforts for empowering its members. He acknowledged the contribution of his teachers belonging to Raval Yogi community in shaping his life.
The chief minister urged the youths to take benefits of the educational schemes which his government has launched for backward communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone