‘Minorities sub quota afflictive for backwards’
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday described as "afflictive for backward classes" the Centre`s decision of allotting 4.5 per cent sub quota for minorities within the existing 27 per cent OBC reservation.
"The Centre`s decision of snatching four per cent reservation benefits from the 27 per cent quota of OBC is afflictive for socially and educationally backward class people," Modi said while speaking at an event of Raval Yogi community in Gandhinagar.
"By causing pain to the people of backward classes, the Centre would not be able to enjoy power for long," he said.
On the occasion, Modi felicitated 10 prominent members of the community and 21 others, who had contributed for the uplift of the community. He also released a book, titled `Aapno Raval Samaj`, on the occasion.
Modi lauded the community`s efforts for empowering its members. He acknowledged the contribution of his teachers belonging to Raval Yogi community in shaping his life.
The chief minister urged the youths to take benefits of the educational schemes which his government has launched for backward communities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings